Non-Pro seeking information

Howard L. Fox Jr. hfox2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Aug 8 20:43:51 PDT 2003

Greetings from a MacProAudio list lurker,

I am currently recording sermons for my local church using my G-3
Firewire Pismo laptop.
This church is using a local elementary school for meetings and the
sound system rack is on the side of the auditorium stage behind the
curtain.

The recording setup is pure simple -Plug into the RCA tape outputs from
the rack using  RCA cables to a RCA to phono plug adapter cable to the
microphone jack on the laptop. The current maximum cable length is
30ft. Currently using AudioIn to record input.
After capturing entire sermon - burning it to audio CD.

I am frankly amazed at the quality of the recordings - sounds much
better than the cassette recordings done previously.

For the future - Is there a way to use a WIFI network to wirelessly
extend from the sound rack and remotely record the service on the
laptop? I would like to be able to get 100 to 150ft range.

In my limited networking experience, the only way I could figure out
how to do it - is to put another laptop next to the sound rack and use
it as the server for recording. I would use the WIFI net to remote
control the server.

This is my first post to this list and I apologize for the length. If
this is not appropriate for this list - please send me email directly.

Thanks for any help in advance,

HFox