Anybody working with Minidisc and Mac?

Elsa Lankford elankford at UBmail.ubalt.edu
Sat Aug 9 17:51:25 PDT 2003

Hi everybody,

I just got a Minidisc a couple of weeks ago (Sony MZ-NF810, I believe).  Now
that I own it, I realize I was potentially optimistic about getting it to talk
to my Mac.  You see, I figured that since it had a USB port that it would be
seen almost as an external hard drive or something.  But that's not the case.

Has anybody had any luck with digital transfer from MD --> Mac without having
to buy any extra gear (say, a PC?)?  I've tried xmd, but with no success.

Thanks,
Elsa