[MPA] BT, wow....

Jay Myres giotto at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 19 13:05:22 PDT 2003

... am I the only person under 30 on this list?

If you'd like to see the lowdown, go to  http://www.vintagesynth.com/,
then click on "artists" at the upper left, then click on "BT" among the
artist on the page (the others there are very interesting too.)

BT is pretty much credited with inventing Trance while he was living in
Europe in the mid-90's.  He is also the person who single-handedly
popularized the use of stutter-edits (ie *Nsync's hit "Dirty Pop"),
granular synthesis, and Kyma (a $$$ computer-based dsp/ synth system).

He has remixed everyone, including *Nsync (Dirty Pop"), Tori Amos
("Blue Skies"), Sarah McLachlen ("I Love You"), Peter Gabriel, Seal,
Madonna and pretty much anyone else who is making cool music right now.

The reason Apple chose him to do the G5 demo is because he is one of
the top users of Logic in the world and he loves Macs.  And because
they new he would have that G5 running for it's life in very short
order.

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 11:00 AM, Paul Francisco wrote:

> Here is the BT I think that was mentioned.
>
> Brian Transeau
> Recording Artist,
> Producer/Remixer
>
> http://www.btmusic.com/
>
> Apple features him alot when they promote new products especially to
> the pro audio sector
> He uses macs primarily for his pro audio stuff and is a BIG enthusiast.
>
> I seem to recall him in the ad for the 17"Powerbook.
>
> http://www.apple.com/hardware/video/powerbookg4_012003.html
>
> Hope this is the guy ;)
>
> -PF
>

>> I'm waiting to hear who BT is as well. But regarding BTO, I was a fan
>> as well back in 8th grade, but not for long. I mean, how long can you
>> listen to a band that only knows four chords!
>>
>> David
>>

>> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 06:27  AM, KathyMac! wrote:
>>
>>> Damn. You took my joke!
>>>
>>> Seriously, who is BT though? I feel lost. I realize I'm a child of
>>> the
>>> 70s and would live happily ever after with only the music of that