[MPA] Request for recommendations

Gene Bogart gbogart at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 3 09:09:27 PST 2003

> From: GMacLaren at aol.com
> Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:25:24 EST
> Subject: Re: [MPA] Request for recommendations
>
> Thanks to (on- and off-list) replies to my original question RE: above
> topic... I have two more questions.
>
> I've posted them here:  > www.oldfordstuff.com/mixer
>
> -=Grant MacLaren=-
> ------------------------------

Hi Grant,

(Nice web page, by the way).  Your setup should be more than adequate to do
what you want.  An external A-to-D converter IS better and quieter, but
converting within the Mac will still sound fine.

I do professional VO for a living...  before I had my MOTU 828 (which has
great sounding  -and very quiet- converters), I was running a RØDE NT2
condenser into a Behringer mixer (VERY quiet and clean), and then running an
analog audio cable right into the 1/8" inputs of an iMac. Then used Mac
SoundManager (and the iMac's internal converters), and then into SonicWorx
Artist to do my recording and editing. The results sounded fine, and were
aired constantly on the ABC network affiliate where I was under contract.

Yes, adding the MOTU 828 *improved* the sound quality; but previously, while
using only the Mac's internal converters, everything still sounded more than
adequately good.

Feel free to reply to me off-list if you have any other questions.

--
Gene Bogart

Bogart Voiceover Productions
* ABC-TV25(WPBF) Announcer *