DVD -> DAT digital transfer?

Massimo de Majo massimo at interbusiness.it
Mon Feb 10 16:53:41 PST 2003

hello everybody

I've been lurking for a while and I must thank you all for the advices and
tips I got from you guys. thanks again.

I do not own a Mac with DVD (only an old G3 desktop 266Mhz system 8.6) and
I want to make a digital copy of the audio from a DVD to my Panasonic DAT
SV-3700.

The DVD player (of a friend of mine) is a top-of-the-line Sony with coax
digital out, but I do not know if it comes out with a digital 5.1 channel
signal or normal SPDIF.

I could record the audio from the analog outs but I would prefer digital
transfer...

Any suggestions?

thanks

Massimo de Majo