[MPA] converting vinyl to CD

John Neumann jneumann at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 13 14:51:40 PST 2003

Just my two cents-

It needn't tie up the computer- recording can run in the background
while you do other things. Cutting up the file into individual songs
only takes a few minutes if there are obvious breaks you can jump to
(don't bother with the automatic splitting in Spin Doctor- it's
completely retarded).

It doesn't have to be done all at once- I have a couple hundred
records, and I've been doing this over the span of a few months. If
it's music you like, it's  a pleasurable way to spend time. So you
only need a GB or two at a time, justto hold the music until you burn
it onto CD, or if you're like me, compress to mp3 for archiving.

-John