[MPA] converting vinyl to CD

Douglas Linacre douglas at optusnet.com.au
Thu Feb 13 15:10:49 PST 2003

I have the audio interface; I also have a pre - amp. CDs are cheap. One
doesn't need much HD, as one can burn then discard the data from the
HD. I have three HDs (one 10GB in the Powerbook), but an 80GB in the
tower and also an 80GB in a firewire case. And I have burners as well.
Plus some of the LPS, expecailly some '60's symphony ones, are far
superior to CD recordings, being beautifully recorded analogue tracks.

My time's worth a heap, but then I'll connect the powerbook to the
pre-amp and just play the record. The time will be the setting up of
the record - no big deal. I'll put the music onto either the external
firewire drive, and then connect that to the desktop mac. I am going to
airport this house, which would bypass the need for  firewire method of
data transfer (or use the Powerbook as an external hard disk).

OK I am organised on those fronts.

But I'd like the de scratch software most of all. And having one in
system X is better I think.

I could use my son's notebook: it has firewire, and on the PC, there's
lots of cheap de scratch software. But for the Mac, there's not much
around it seems.