[MPA] converting vinyl to CD

Scott Jacob Loehr scott.loehr at verizon.net
Thu Feb 13 16:20:01 PST 2003

I agree 99%.  The only exceptions would be recordings that were never
remastered for CD release or possibly original stuff that just
doesn't exist anywhere else (i.e., the 30-year-old unopened vinyl may
be in better shape than 30-year-old magnetic tape).

Also, I go a bit overboard and scan all the artwork, sometimes
re-creating the text from scratch, OCR, or voice recognition.  That
ups the cost and more than doubles the amount of time to get it "just
right".

If it exists on CD, I'd vote to replace with a storebought copy.
However, if you've got the time, it's kindof fun to learn how to do
all the requisite steps!