[MPA] converting vinyl to CD

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Sun Feb 16 11:00:29 PST 2003

Scott,

While I don't come from a pro-audio background, I do come from an
audiophile background.

Performace from audio equipment is extremely important to me, but I am
not a "golden ear", nor do I subscribe to esoteric ideas like tubes are
better or you have to spend $5000 on a system to get good sound.

In the world of home audio equipment, I have come the conclusion after
20 years of CD players and 15 years of home theater that the digital end
of the equipment is not extremely important. But, I guess the digital
encoding process is more variable in the proaudio and computer world. I
guess this makes sense because the internal circuitry on the Mac is so poor.

AFAIK, the Onkyo works fine with OSX and does not require any type of
driver. It has been discontinued by Onkyo. My assumption is that at
least it's a better quality product that Griffin's iMic?

David Crandon