[MPA] More Vinyl the right way.

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Mon Feb 24 19:43:52 PST 2003

Hi Lukas,

I'm a little more confused now as to what you are after...

You want a cartridge with "umph" and "kick"? What do you mean by that?

You said in your original post you want something that is of high
quality. I would think you would want a cartridge that does not color
your sound. Most decent cartridges have flat freq response. In fact,
while I haven't followed the audiophile market real close lately, I
wouldn't think there are any cartridges on the market that would
purposely color freq response.

I was the one who asked about your receiver...Again, although your
Kenwood isn't a McIntosh (although the difference between them and most
other brands is nothing like what it was 20 years ago), I would think
you'll have less distortion and coloration of sound that going through
all the mixing equipment.

So, I'm not sure if you want to have the audio as "original" as
possible, or whether you purposely want to modify things.

David Crandon