[MPA] More Vinyl the right way.

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Tue Feb 25 21:00:54 PST 2003

Yes, I agree with what you say. On the subject of mics, absolutley some
are designed specifically to have certain types of "tonal"
characteristics. And that's OK, especially since a mic is part of the
recording chain as opposed to the reproduction chain.

For reproduction, I prefer to strive for as flat freq resp as possible
as a baseline. I do realize of course that the room I'm in has a far
greater affect on sound reproduction than anything else in the chain.
And even that depends on the place in the room I'm listening from! Then,
depending on the type of music I'm listening to, and it's individual
recording characteristics, I'll modify somewhat.

David Crandon