[MPA] Proper software?

Peter Kirn peterkirn at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 12:30:34 PST 2003

Scott --

Thanks for spreading the gospel of:

- Independent audio editors (don't leave home without them)
- DVD-Rs (a GODSEND!!!)

I'm torn on the Spark vs. Peak thing. (Hi, Steve Berkeley, if you're
still lurking out there. . . heheheh!)

I have to say, I really love both apps. I find Spark a little more
intuitive for batch editing projects and I love the TC Works plug-ins
bundled with XL -- if you've got the money, splurge for that, folks.
But on the other hand, if I just want to edit a single file I'd chose
Peak without a moment's hesitation, and I think Peak is far more
friendly to beginners. And Peak, though it's not as project oriented as
Spark, is every bit as "pro" (though you're on your own for plug-ins
for the most part). They just seem like very different tools to me: I'm
happiest when I have both running.

The desert island choice would have to be Peak. That is, as long as I
don't have to give up my TC Works mastering plug-ins. (I assume we'll
eventually see AU versions so Logic is compatible.)

What are other people's feelings about this?

Peter Kirn