Software synths with Deck

Christopher Sommers csommers at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 9 09:42:17 PST 2003

Hi,
I'm trying to find a software synth, other than Reason, that works with
Deck 3.5 on OS X.  I have a USB Keystation from Midiman.  On OS 9, I
was using several different VST software synths (like Absynth and
Retro), but now I'm on X and can't find a simple and affordable
software synth solution.

I've tried using SimpleSynth, but I can only get it to work in
stand-alone mode.  When I try using it with Deck 3.5, the Simple Synth
application crashes.  I've not been able too get this to work.

I also tried some of the LinPlug freeware software synths (VST), but
they do not seem to work with Deck on X.

Any suggestions and/or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Chris