[MPA] Request for recommendations

victor victor at factor14.com
Fri Jan 31 00:38:44 PST 2003

It is not my intent to be intolerant or offend. And I offer my apologies if
that is the result of my post. It was not a flame. This is a great list and
I've gleaned some very valuable insights from it and am happy to share my
insights/experience if I feel it would be helpful and is on topic.

In this particular thread Glen and I use the same Apps on the same hardware
Final cut, iMovie, iDVD maybe peak DV-don't recall if you mentioned
that...but he's in 9 and I'm in X. He says OSX's in Limbo and that Quark is
the linchpin. I respectfully disagree based on my experience.

So what's off topic? OSX? Offering OSX alternatives to OS9 Apps that are
keeping listers from the present and future focus of the platform we all
enjoy? I didn't read Glen was concerned about pauing bills but quickbooks
pro for OSX is sweet for that.

Thubten, nice 180. Your suggestion that we talk about possible OSX
alternatives to OS 9 apps was a good one. I would think that the question of
when to take the plunge to OSX is on the list for OS9 users. Especially if
they want to buy new macs or enjoy the growing benefits of the current
operating system.

Scott, you're the man. But I submit that perhaps I'm not the one being
intolerant here.

Glen, so sorry to pull you into this.

Peace, out/

V-