[MPA] "Mix CD" Consistent Loudness

Spidra Webster spidra at speakeasy.net
Sat Jul 5 13:11:33 PDT 2003

>What approach do you use to make all the tracks have the same
>loudness? Is there an automated method, or do you simply listen to
>all the tracks over and over again and tweak them until they are
>what you consider to be "equal loudness"?

I'm afraid I'm doing it "by hand".  I use Jam to adjust gain on each
track.  I reach for the gain just like I'd reach for the volume knob
if I had a mix CD of unequal volume on the boom box.

Spidra Webster

Visit Spidra's Vortex!
http://www.spidra.com
Home of Yodel Central, Bay Area Bike Links, Jokes Scandinavians Tell
About Each Other, Multilingual Mac Links, and so much more!