[MPA] "Mix CD" Consistent Loudness

L.G. macserver at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 5 17:58:05 PDT 2003

All you have to do is compress the overall mix and
everything will be even. Whether or not you have
compression depends on the software you are using.

L.G.

--- John Davis <quicktimeguy at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what people are doing in the following
> situation. Say you are
> making a "mix CD" (or even a CD of your own music)
> where the tracks are all
> taken from different sources, and hence have
> different apparent "loudness"
> or volume. What approach do you use to make all the
> tracks have the same
> loudness? Is there an automated method, or do you
> simply listen to all the
> tracks over and over again and tweak them until they
> are what you consider
> to be "equal loudness"?
>
> -jd

> STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months
> FREE*

> <MacProAudio-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <MacProAudio-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> $14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web
> Hosting from your Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>   iMic   |   Griffin iMic! Add Audio in and out via
> USB.
> Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/imic.html>
>
>    Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at
> Outpost.com!
>    Outpost    |
http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

=====
Streaming Radio Shows (HipHop - R&B - Caribbean - Pop)
http://getgospel.com

Macintosh Support in the NY Metro Area
http://maclife.netfirms.com