[MPA] Cubase SX

etyrnal at ameritech.net etyrnal at ameritech.net
Mon Jun 9 10:03:03 PDT 2003

On Monday, June 9, 2003, at 03:08 AM, Jason Myres wrote:

> automation, 3-5 send fx, 1-3 inserts per track, .rex editing, 20-30
> audio tracks, 4-10 virtual instruments, time stretching/ compressing,
> sample-level editing, some mild mastering......  I may not need to run
> 100 tracks with compression and EQ like some people but I'm making mad
> music while you're busy interviewing people.
>
> Glad I'm on my side of the fence.

me too...

but maybe you misunderstood...

if Cubase SX wasn't crashing - i'd be making music instead of
interviewing people too..

if you spend some time at the the Steinberg Cubase SX forums - you'd
KNOW that SX has some SERIOUS issues...

just because it works fine for two people, who are obviously NOT in a
position to comment on SX's problems to the people who are inquiring
about SX's reliability or usability, doesn't mean the it works for
everyone...

Steinberg LIED to a lot of people...  Where's your MPEX support?  Oh
that's right, they didn't include it as advertised...  where's your
FULL Fraunhofer MP3 encoding that was promised by Steinberg?  Not
there...  if you go to the forums and look around you'll realize that a
LOT of people are having lots of problems...  No USB core-audio
support?  The sale rep even told me that my original USB interface
would work with SX before i bought SX - guess what - they lied to make
sure i'd buy it... I have tried TWO different USB audio interfaces
since then...  Neither work..  And those USB audio interfaces work With
Reason, Live, Peak, etc...  out of the box with NO drivers and ONLY 2ms
latency - people are also having compatibility issues with many other
firewire interfaces as well...  ...and Steinberg who's supposed to be a
"PROFESSIONAL" company can't even crash-proof their app.

Reason - NEVER crashed on me - ever.
Live - NEVER Crashed on me - even.
Peak - NEVER crashed on me....

Cubase SX - (supposedly worth $799 ??)  I crashed it FIVE times the
FIRST night i used it...  And that's on a CLEAN install...

I have THREE different machines and SX crashes on 'em all...

Even Cubase VST 4.1 never used to crash THAT much...

Like i said - wait for the update...
then wait some more to see if it's REALLY fixed... i suggest the forums
their supposed to be posting a list of fixed bugs when they release
it...

a "professional" tool doesn't crash...

just wait.