Creating Frippertronics on a Mac?

klif klif at mi2.hr
Tue Jun 10 17:47:14 PDT 2003

> Is there any software that would enable me to set up a Frippertronics-type
> setup
> on a Mac?

there are many. maybe you should check the software available at
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/new.html

there should be many VST delays. some will allow long delay times.
unfortunately i do not know any names at the moment.

> If not, how do I go about developing an application to do this? I've heard of
> Mac Developer's Kit or some such -- I'd be particularly interested in the
> audio
> tools.

if you want to program, you should check max/msp. max is the programming
environment, msp is the set of audio processing objects. it is probably the
easiest way to program and at the same time be able to do a lot of different
things.

there's fully functional 30 day demo at www.cycling74.com

> I'm still on OS 9.2, using a Powerbook G3.
>
> Alternately, have delay pedals evolved to a point where something like
> Frippertronics is possible? (I haven't paid attention to gtr. effects in about
> 15 years)

there is a new pedal by boss that does long delay times.

klif