Midi/protools query

Alan Holt alan at xlargenz.co.nz
Tue Jun 17 17:18:55 PDT 2003

Hi there

I did some recording on the weekend on a friends pro tools set up. We used
MIDI a bit and it was a pretty cool and interesting way to work. I am fairly
unfamiliar with MIDI so I apologize for getting nay of the lingo wrong.

Basically along with a bunch of normal audio tracks we recorded our Casio
synth 'key actions' on a MIDI track. We were then able to add more layers of
the synth with the G4 playing the Casio along with the original human played
track. Now my question is this....

On one of the songs the keyboard player hits the 'noise' button on and off
every 4 beats or so. I would like to isolate the 'noise' actions so we can
rerecord the synth playing only those bits. It it possible to delete all the
other MIDI commands except for the ones relating to the 'noise' notes? If it
is possible how do I do it?

Any help you can give me would be very welcome. Thanks.

Alan