[MPA] What Headphones?

Davido david_van_haute at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:55:17 PDT 2003

have you ever tried Sennheiser HD25?

- they are closed and very good for recording purposes
- they go very loud if necessary
- they have very good frequency response (very low and very high)
- you can really hear things in these headphones that you never heard before
on a track, such as on Jeff Buckley's Grace, you can here a tape hiss coming
up when a guitar slides in...
- though they aren't reliable for mixing purposes unless you really know
them
- disadvantage is that they could press a bit too much on the pinna of your
ear.
- I should also advice AKG "K 141 Monitor" they really suck if you hear them
for the first time but they are the reference you need, a bit like the awful
sounding Yamaha NS10 studio monitors, they really suck but if you get it
rite on these speakers then it will sound good on any...see what I mean?

hope I could be a help for you.

kind regards,

L. Davido.
Audio Engineer