ProTools Free

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Mar 9 21:31:39 PST 2003

Since upgrading 10.1.3 to 10.2.2, I have not used ProTools Free. Today
was the first time I tried working in it, and have run into a weird
problem. When I go to convert and import these tracks (into a 24 bit
project) really long tracks, 558mb aiff coaster recorded files), I get
an Invalid Sound File:Not enough Bytes warning. I did not write the
warning down (and am back in OS X), so the text of the warning may be a
bit off. I have a similar but much shorter file that imports fine. Is
my file damaged? I have 4 large files, all exhibit the same problem.
One short file that does not.

In addition, if I work in a 16 bit (project), I can add the problematic
files fine, but when I go to export the pieces that have been edited,
it gives the same error.

Should I just go ahead and trash ProTools, and reinstall it?

Thanks!

PS - I really need to get this figured out, as I have to get 4 CD's out
of here soon!