[MPA] ProTools Free

John Neumann jneumann at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Mar 12 07:59:48 PST 2003

I've seen the space shortage message as well, even with a new
computer with plenty of hard drive space. I think it's a bug (as in
the wrong message for whatever the problem really is). I was able to
get it going by messing with the options. I'm sorry, I don't remember
which ones, but it was something to do with disk space, maybe the
maximum file size setting. Then it worked fine.

-John

At 18:47 -0500 3/11/03, John Pariseau wrote:
>I tried writing to the external - no luck. Does the partition with
>the OS on it need to be defragmented? Or just the drive it is
>writing to?
>
>I put the application and all my files on the external, still no go.
>
>I am going to reinstall Pro Tools tonight...
>
>>I have heard of situations when ProTools Free would complain about
>>an HD space shortage when the problem actually was that the HD free
>>space was too fragmented.

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><MacProAudio-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.
><MacProAudio-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>----------
>$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your
>Mac ISP Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!
>http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>  iMic   |   Griffin iMic! Add Audio in and out via USB.
>Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/imic.html>

John Neumann, Ph.D.
Project Engineer, Micro-electro-mechanical Systems (MEMS)
ECE Department
1209 Hamerschlag Hall
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Ave.