iTunes4 messes up dynamic range

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Fri May 2 10:01:25 PDT 2003

On several of the big Mac web site (Macintouch and MacFixit), they've
been talking about the decreased sound quality with iTunes4 that was
just released.

What they are all describing seems to be related to a decreased dynamic
range, but as usual, when non-audio people try to describe what they are
hearing it's not making much sense.

I was wondering if any of the techies on this list could take their ears
and instruments and tell us what happened between iTunes3 and iTunes4.

Below are some comments from MacFixit that I copied.

Thanks,

David Crandon