Mac: "strobe" guitar tuner?

Gene Bogart gbogart at bellsouth.net
Mon May 5 15:21:35 PDT 2003

Would anyone here on the list have any knowledge of a Mac software
"strobe-type" guitar (or other instrument) tuner application?

I'm not talking about the "simple" plus-or-minus guitar tuners, that I have
seen as computer software applications...  What I'm referring to would be
similar to the kind of "strobe" or "virtual-strobe" professional tuners,
which exist as stand-alone hardware devices, often rack-mountable, and sell
for between $300 and $1000 dollars (sometimes more).

The "virtual" strobe devices (like the ones made by Peterson) are
software-based...  It occurs to me that a fairly simple software
application, combined with a Mac laptop, should be able to provide a
wonderful substitute for one of these stand-alone machines, at most likely a
substantially lower price.

Any info, anybody?  Thanks for any and all help.

--
Gene Bogart

Bogart Voiceover Productions
* ABC-TV25(WPBF) Announcer *