X-post - advice on new mixer

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 11 15:37:58 PST 2003

I need to replace my aging, ailing Tascam M-520  mixer. It's certainly done
its time. I'd like opinions on Behringer vs. Mackie vs. Yamaha. I'm talking
analog mixers here, and am particularly interested in sound quality,
including the mic preamps, and reliability. Prices are fairly comparable,
Mackie has the fewest features for the buck but I've owned one of the
smaller VLZ-Pro boards and thought it sounded pretty good. I'm looking at
various Yamahas, Mackie's 24-channel and theBehringer 9000. Any advice or
experience is appreciated.

Thanks
Bobbo

New Portrait Page at http://www.bobbogoldberg.com - under construction but