[MPA] Analog to digital question (Sound Studio)

John Neumann jneumann at ece.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 22 15:18:33 PDT 2003

I don't know if this is a quirk of my system (I think everything else
is working fine) or the fact that I have a slow powerbook (550
TiBook), but in the newer versions of the program, sometimes when I
go to insert a marker, my hand accidentally drags the cursor a tiny
bit, and I create a region instead. What then happens, is when I hit
the space bar to play (to hear if my marker is placed correctly), I
get the spinning beach ball of death. I think the program gets into
an infinite loop or something. It only happens if the selected region
is small.

This doesn't happen in 2.0.7 or below, so I've stayed with 2.0.7,
which does almost everything I want, beautifully. Do the newer
versions allow OS X length files names to be created from the split
by marker command? I could really use song titles longer than 32
characters.

-John

At 14:44 -0700 10/22/03, db wrote:
>>Sound Studio is real nice for editing stuff like that. Just make sure
>>you get version 2.0.7, because the newer versions have a nasty bug
>>that kicks in while editing.
>
>hmmmmm...what bug is that? I haven't noticed any thing worse than an
>excessive appetite for RAM. ...but then, I do have lots of memory
>and maybe I've been lucky so far (knock on polycarbonate).
>
>db

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><MacProAudio-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.
><MacProAudio-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
>----------
>$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your
>Mac ISP Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!
>http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>  iMic   |   Griffin iMic! Add Audio in and out via USB.
>Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/imic.html>

John Neumann, Ph.D.
Project Engineer, Micro-electro-mechanical Systems (MEMS)
ECE Department
1209 Hamerschlag Hall
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Ave.