AIFF vs. SDII

Nathan Walker walkermedia at iglide.net
Wed Feb 11 17:10:53 PST 2004

Hi All,

I have been prepping a project for duplication, and the other night I
started wondering (probably because it was REALLY late) whether there's
any discernable difference in sound quality between AIFF and Sound
Designer II files. I realize that they end up as AIFF on the CD, but
Digital Performer allows me to export them in either format, and I
believe Toast will load and burn either type of file. Kind of makes me
wonder if there's a compelling reason to use SDII. I did try it once,
and got some weird clicks on the CD when using SDII files - almost
sounded like some digital clock issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nathan

Nathan Walker