[MPA] Recording with laptop

lazy right eye lazyrighteye at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:31:12 PST 2004

Ok, ok. Enough already. There are SEVERAL options for you PB users wantign
to record audio...

I record soundboard recordings of live bands about once a week - using
iBook, Roland UA-30 (maybe $175ish) and SPDIF ($10) cable. Easy cheesy. Not
one single complaint... ok, if needing totaly portability, my iBook battery
is completely useless. But when power is supplied, golden.

On the super cheap, I bet u could pick up an iMic (maybe $30) and a 1/4"
stereo > 1/8" stereo cable ($10 tops), and run from the soundboard to the
iMic.. and get a decent result.

Any further questions, feel free to contact me.

Good luck.