[MPA] AudioMedia III card in OSX?

RRSounds at aol.com RRSounds at aol.com
Thu Feb 26 09:14:42 PST 2004

Really?
I am using Jaguar (10.2.8) and PTLE 6.1.2, and can output only one
program at a time. Maybe an upgrade to 6.2.2 will fix it.

And I cannot for the life of me figure out how to tell digidesign's driver
which program to send to output.
I believe it chooses on the basis of 'first-come, first-served.'

David P. Reaves, III
TransLanTech Sound, LLC
Creators of the Award-Winning "Ariane Stereo Audio Leveler"

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:06:59 KathyMac! <Mac4Music at MusicareOnline.org> wrote:

On Feb 25, 2004, at 6:33 AM, Mac Pro Audio List wrote:

> In a message dated Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:16:45, Gregg Gorrie
> <ggorrie at telus.net> writes:
>
> <<
> Does anyone know if there is some sort of driver for the Digidesign
> AudioMedia III card for OSX?
>
> --
> Gregg
>>>

> Gregg,
> A Core Audio driver comes with ProTools LE. That is what I use, and it
> works. It only lets you use the card with one app at a time, however.
>
> David P. Reaves, III
> TransLanTech Sound, LLC

Actually, it depends which version of OSX you are running.

Jaguar allowed the AMIII card to use more than one app at a time. With
Panther, the AMIII card is no longer officially supported
BUT....Digidesign made a point to state on their website that
preliminary testing showed no problems. So, I upgraded to Panther based
upon that. What I did find was that it was buggy in terms of using only
one app at a time. Now, I use the line out of the G4 for certain things
and the AMIII card for others.

You can download the standalone Core Audio driver for Jaguar on their
site but last time I looked the Panther standalone Core Audio was not
out yet (expected soon) so you would have to have the one that is in
ProTools LE and if you're running Panther, you MUST upgrade and have
PTLE 6.2.2. No other earlier version will work with AMIII and Panther
together. If you have Jaguar, PTLE 6.1.2 works.

Contact me offlist if you need any further info.

Kathy--