[MPA] Garage Band Constraints

Jay Shaffer jshaf at jayshaffer.com
Tue Jan 20 17:26:05 PST 2004

Garage Band only gave me four(albeit effects heavy) tracks before
pooping out, although I have 800 megs of ram. The project was this new
age thing with an acoustic guitar loop and a couple of the software
instrument snyths. I went ahead and mixed down what I had and finished
the thing in Cubase in order to meet a deadline. I could have put the
bounced the track back into Garage bad, but it was bringing back
memories of endless bounces on analog four track decks. I've got to
figure out how to get more tracks out of it for it to be useful. I'm
sure it's how the tracks all have effects on them. I'm still trying to
figure out how to import (or export) MIDI in the thing, and also I'm
trying to figure out how I was able to do MIDI note editing on the Deep
House Bells  02 Loop which appears to be an AIFF audio loop??? Perhaps
it's like ReCycle where you map a MIDI note to a audio slice.
Still exploring.
--
Jay Shaffer
Mac Audio Guy