[MPA] Garage Band Constraints

Peter Kirn musicmac at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 20 17:40:21 PST 2004

The problems as I see it with Garage Band so far are:

1. It adds effects without telling you.
2. It encourages you to use software synths.
3. It lacks a freeze function.

Nothing earth-shaking -- and I got some pretty good performance on my
1GHz PowerBook considering all it was doing -- but newbies should be
aware they'll want serious hardware to really run this thing, and they
need to MANAGE CPU RESOURCES. So, turn some of those (often unneeded)
effects off, and bounce out tracks when needed.

Peter