[MPA] Audio Interface Advice?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Jan 23 11:42:07 PST 2004

>I've got a Digi 002.  I do alot of 78's to CD.

I'm afraid the Digi 002 is way out of my price range, I have been considering the M-Box, but don't like the fact that it's USB.  I find the M-Audio Firewire 410 to be very interesting, but don't like what I'm reading about the problems people are having with it.

>I've got an Esoteric Sound turntable

How do you like it?

>I go into my dbx 386 Dual vacum tube preamp with digital outs(a gredat piece for the $) into my 002, which is connected by firewire to my G5

Interesting.  This looks even better than the solution I'd been planning on using.  I was planning to hook a Sony ES Reciever up to whatever audio interface I end up getting, and then plug the turntable, my Pioneer Elite Laserdisc player, NEC PC-VCR SVHS Deck up to it (the video/audio out would go through my Canopus ADVC-100).

>ProTools 6.2 in Panther works great !

I've downloaded Protools Free and have installed it on my G4/450 to try and see if Protools will do the kinds of things that I want to do.  The fact that it comes with the M-Box is one of the things that makes it more attractive.

			Zane