[MPA] Audio Interface Advice?

Scott Baldwin sbaldwin at san.rr.com
Fri Jan 23 14:38:35 PST 2004

On Friday, January 23, 2004, at 01:55 PM, Scott Jacob Loehr wrote:

>> What devices have optical outs
>>
>> Other than ADAT's ???
>
> Optical S/PDIF is also known as Toslink... many pro & consumer devices
> have them.  MOTU's 2408 mk 1, 2, & 3 interfaces; many CD players,
> MiniDiscs, some DAT decks; plus, you can get a converter to/from
> AES/EBU, so pretty much any stereo digital source can be connected to
> the G5.
>
> Scott Jacob Loehr

I use s/pdif connections to my lexicon MPX 1 effects unit (which has
digital i/o).   I can add wonderful lexicon reverb to my audio tracks,
without using the processing power a good software reverb uses.  This
allows me to record more tracks on my machine, or use other software
effects.  Since the effects send and return stays in the digital
domain, I have no loss of audio quality.

Cheers,

Scott Baldwin