[MPA] Audio/MIDI apps

Carlson mariner at mts.net
Wed Jul 7 11:53:15 PDT 2004

>> I think I'm going to get the MOTU 828 MkII. Any opinions on that?
>
> Good solid reliable interface. Does have some noise on the inputs
> though.
> Personally I'd recommend the DIGI 002 rack. Been using one for recording
> and performance for a while now. Sounds great, good build and Pro Tools
> comes with it. Oh and midi i/o too!!

Noise! No!

Maybe the new Yamaha interface instead. Looked at one yesterday and the
salesguy said the mic preamps sounded really good, same as on their high-end
studio stuff. And only $300 more (where I live).

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,6373,C
NTID%253D27013%2526CTID%253D207700,00.html

The Digi is two rack spaces (I have a six space mobile mixer rack, so space
is at a premium), quite a bit more expensive, and somewhat, uh, proprietary.