Audio/MIDI apps

KweYao Agyapon kweyao at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 13 10:51:19 PDT 2004

Luke,

This kind of advice and suggestions are just what I was seeking. So,
naturally, I have more.

>Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:41:18 -0500
>
>On Monday, July 5, 2004, at 11:19  PM, KweYao Agyapon wrote:
>
>>  ProTools is always a front-runner on the audio side,
>
>if you ask me - pro tools became popular like McDonalds...
>
>[snip]
>
>part of the reason i feel it became so popular - is because it was one of
>the earliest ones to look and work like a multitrack recorder in a
>studio...
>
>so now people didn't have to be computer geeks anymore to use a
>DigitalAudioWorkstation (DAW)...
>
>[snip]
>
>Cubase and Logic and some of the other early ones were still a lot of
>midi-techie sci-fi mystify people style...
>
>people who didn't feel like 'techies' or geeks could use pro tools...
>
>and in the beginning pro tools was not the best - just the easiest to
>approach for the non-techie...
>
>>  but most of my current composition involves MIDI. help
>
>Cubase...

Why do you see Cubase (SL or SX prolly, since I need the notation function)
as superior to Logic and DP? Oh, and do you have any experience/knowledge
with/about System 4, with its integrated (USB) MIDI/audio interface?

>>Among interfaces, the M-audio FireWire 410 looks good,
>
>i have m-audio fw410 - works awesome.   only one midi in/out...  but you
>could add one for cheap...

True.

>>  as does Mackie's Spike and M-Audio's Ozone,
>
>i tried three different USB midi/audio interfaces by three different
>companies...  USB audio is a headache.

So I've heard. Still, I haven't seen anything on the Firewire side that
compares with Ozone for portability.

>[snip]
>
>>Thanks for your advice.

Peace,

	"He who hears not the music thinks the dancer mad."