[MPA] Audio/MIDI apps

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Tue Jul 13 16:08:04 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, July 13, 2004, at 12:51  PM, KweYao Agyapon wrote:

> Why do you see Cubase (SL or SX prolly, since I need the notation
> function) as superior to Logic and DP?

not superior necessarily...

it does work quite well for me...

i used SX 1 (all new version had lots broken/missing) - now i use SX 2
(cubase) and all is well.  it is stable...  the notation

Cubase SX is very accessible.  It can be simple or complex.

VST plugin support is important to me - i need as many audio processing
gimmicks as i can get my hands on...

to me - Cubase SX is very intuitive.

but i have been using midi and audio gear forever - it's my passion...
(well the music i work on with it is)

as an artist - i do not like to find out that my software does NOT do
something.

with a couple exceptions Cubase can do it all (the exceptions being
concepts i have for improving it - new inventions - but they do not
exist in ANY DAW)...

>  Oh, and do you have any experience/knowledge with/about System 4,
> with its integrated (USB) MIDI/audio interface?

no - sorry...

check out...

http://www.harmony-central.com/Software/Mac/sequencing.html

do you need pc support too?

one nice thing about Logic - if you are a Mac fan - Apple is behind
them now.