[MPA] Audio/MIDI apps

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Thu Jul 15 13:30:10 PDT 2004

On Thursday, July 15, 2004, at 01:52  PM, Gregg Gorrie wrote:

> Let me take a shot at this. What you want to do is be able to trigger
> MIDI
> phrases (or sequences) in real-time using a keyboard controller, as
> opposed
> to triggering digital audio samples. Is that correct?

no - (phrase sampling is the closest thing to what i am talking about)

i say i have 4 tracks of audio and 4 of midi...

i want to be able to range-select say - bar 13 through bar 21 of two of
the midi tracks AND two of the audio tracks...

or across ALL tracks - midi & audio...

assign this material to a midi key temporarily - and use the midi key
"play" the selected material (tracks) into the arrangement...

i'd like to be able to grab anything from a few samples, to a 64th note
worth, to 20 bars and more...

the uses are for many things from production effects to speedy fluid
arrangements...

and actually it would be cool if you could control if the played in
material is just 'ghost parts' or actual copies.

> I can certainly see the advantages of that. My guess is that if any
> sequencer software could do it Logic could,

i bet it could.

i'd try Logic - but i do not feel like spending HUNDREDS of dollars
just for an experiment.

=)  getting gipped on SX 1 was bad enough.  (they sold me a $799 beta
version basically - SX 2 seems to be ok now though)

>  but I'm not a Logic user so will
> turn that over to someone who is.
>
> Gregg

thanks Gregg