[MPA] Audio/MIDI apps

Jay Shaffer jshaf at jayshaffer.com
Thu Jul 15 16:01:44 PDT 2004

Luke
  Second question first, yes Reason will slave to Live via ReWire.
Live is kind of difficult to explain, But think of it as a grid with
Channels that can contain loops, Midi parts  or samples /audio and
effects and the other axis of the grid. is song sections like verse,
chorus or any snapshot across your channels called scenes. Both
channels and scenes can be triggered by MIDI notes.
It won't do exactly what you described. (drag select and cut across
channels and then paste as a Midi controlled part) but its darn close.
and it's great for live stuff if you have your ducks in a row, so to
speak.
What I don't understand if you are recording/sequencing in Cubase why
you can't just cut and paste to achieve your goal? I can understand if
you are performing live. But otherwise you can drag select whatever in
Cubase and paste it as a new arrangement or into new channels or insert
into the existing channels . I do it all the time.
I agree though it could be useful to have multiple clipboard files that
could be assigned to keys or MIDI notes.
--
Jay Shaffer
Mac Audio Guy
mag at macaudioguy.com