[MPA] Audio/MIDI apps

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Fri Jul 16 15:04:12 PDT 2004

thanks for the info on live...

sounds cool 0 but i am already using way too many apps to get things
done - =)

On Thursday, July 15, 2004, at 06:01  PM, Jay Shaffer wrote:

> What I don't understand if you are recording/sequencing in Cubase why
> you can't just cut and paste to achieve your goal?

there are times i'd like to be able to grab the last syllable of the
verse and MUSICALLY PLAY it in - in some pattern - maybe 32nd's
sixteenths...

copy paste is just not a very musical way to do things sometimes...

the more power an app has the better...

making new tools is how new music comes to be...

if all of the tools stay the same forever - then music will stay the
same for equally as long...

i guess it might help to mention that i am quite experimental in my
productions.  =)

>  I can understand if you are performing live.

then i would use Ableton =)

>  But otherwise you can drag select whatever in Cubase and paste it as
> a new arrangement or into new channels or insert into the existing
> channels . I do it all the time.

i understand - i am talking about doing some out of the ordinary things
too... cool-crazy things...  that take WAY too long doing it the "old
fashioned way" - and copy-paste IS old - it's been around since what ?
'84?  =)  (Classic Mac)

> I agree though it could be useful to have multiple clipboard files
> that could be assigned to keys or MIDI notes.

i guess it could seem too redundant for 'regular' or 'ordinary' styles
of production - but for 'breal-out-of-the-box' composition and
production... i would kill for it...  well maybe not kill, but possibly
do questionable things.  =0

> --
> Jay Shaffer
> Mac Audio Guy

luke mazzeri
gotta pUsh the envelope -  not follow it.