[MPA] Right built-in speaker.

Steffen Barabasch sb-macproaudio at eggandspam.de
Fri Jul 23 16:05:22 PDT 2004

>Has anyone noticed something odd with the built-in speakers ? -PBG4,
>15", 1.33GHz, OS10.3.3. -
>It seems that my right speaker is 'half working'. I have checked
>with the balance in the sound control panel and I cannot concretely
>isolate the right side frome the left.

Don't know about the buzz, but the weird off-balance sound of the 15"
model comes from the 3rd speaker. You have sort-of a subwoofer in
there. Of course "sub" means here more "sub-high". Apple themselves
call it a mid-tone-enhancer or something like that. It's placed on
the left side and emits its sound through the left grille, so
sometimes it seems as if all sounds come from the left.

It's not a perfect solution, but at least you get a fuller sound. If
you step back and listen the PB has a really great sound for a
notebook. If you're nearer it sounds disturbingly off, though.

Steffen
--
Steffen Barabasch (mailto:TheMirror at westend.com)