[MPA] USB v FireWire

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Thu May 6 21:56:25 PDT 2004

On 5/7/04 2:04 AM, "Bob Alexander" <balexan1 at twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the lack of snips, but on that theme, as an ABSOlute newbie
> tech-wise (and oldie music wise):
>
> I bought this G4 tower last year, instead of an imac, because it has a
> PCI slot, which I was told was better for audio.
>
> I don't really know what a PCI is, or what the slot looks like, or if
> I do, indeed, have a 'sound card.'

Behind the G5 you have the connectors of the screen, this is an AGP slot,
just under you have large opening (of the same size of your AGP slot)
covered by a "cache" this are the PCI slots

Best regards

Cyril Blanc
Independent Quantum Leap Symphony orchestra forum (QLSO) for Mac
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qlso/"