[MPA] USB v FireWire

Cyril Blanc blanc.cyril at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 10 09:27:05 PDT 2004

On 5/10/04 6:01 PM, "Gene Bogart" <gbogart at bellsouth.net> wrote:

HI Geen

What I have learn is not to put all the eggs in the same basket.
That is why I split the load on the different busses

I can tell you that a FW800 disk is very slow compared to a Raid of 2 SATA.

> I have been EXTREMELY impressed and happy with FireWire as an input/output
> protocol --- I almost can't imagine how fast FW 800 is going to feel!

If you want to use Kontakt products you must be VERY careful, because it is
a CPU killer

Best regards

Cyril Blanc
Independent Quantum Leap Symphony orchestra forum (QLSO) for Mac
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qlso