Very Special News!

Rick Latham funkyrick at earthlink.net
Tue May 11 11:13:51 PDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I've been working on some really exciting projects lately as well as changes
and updates to my web site.  I just wanted to share a few of the coolest
ones with you.  I'm keeping busy with sessions, gigs, writing, clinics and
teaching as usual and I've also been working on my "CyberStuff" ideas as
well.  Here are a couple of things you just have to check out.

All Made With A Mac Of Course!!!!!!!!!!

1) The new Boom-Boom Cam http://www.ricklatham.com/boom.html
this is a hi tech "Live" webcam in my home studio that I can update to the
web whenever I want.  Currently, it is set to update and refresh every 10
seconds.  This means that when I have the cam on and uploading
you will be able to check out what is happening in my studio at that
moment in time with still photos being uploaded every 10 seconds.
It's a cool thing to keep checking back on because I could be
practicing, recording, teaching, having a meeting or just talking on
the phone.  It's totally live and un-edited!
You might want to check it out right now!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.ricklatham.com/boom.html

2) My live phone system is also having a great response and there have
been several improvements made during the last few months.
Please visit my site http://www.ricklatham.com and click on the "Talk To Me
Now" button at the top of the page.  You'll be directed how to use the
system.  You'll also see a link for the Boom-Boom Cam there too.

3) My real-time video LessonsOnDemand thing is really taking off as
well!!!!!  You can download the FREE software for Mac or PC and in a matter
of minutes we can be talking in real-time "Live" with full video and audio
any where at any time!  You don't even need a web came or mic.  You don't
even need a high speed commection!   A dial up connection will work.  Once
you have the software, you can view me and hear me through your computer and
even type
questions and or responses to me in a regular type style chat window.
This is immediate with no delay at all.  Of course, if you do have any
inexpensive webcam you can use this for a real-time video chat.
You have to see this.  Please go to http://www.ivisit.com and download
the appropriate system software then drop me a line or give me a call and
I'll walk you though the easy step by step set-up instructions.

This is really the Jetsons age and I'm grabbing it by the horns.  It's the
way of the future and we should all embrace this exciting technology.  This
is a tremendous tool for distance learning and making education fun again!

Please check this stuff out and let me know what you think.  It only
takes a minute and well worth it!

For those of you in L.A. Please also remember the next gig and New Live
CD release party at The Baked Potato on May 29th!
You can hear some samples from the new CD at:
http://www.groovedoctorsjazz.com/backitlive.mp3  and
http://www.groovedoctorsjazz.com/chickenlive.mp3

All the best for now,

Rick

Celebrating 25 years of "Advanced Funk Studies" 1980-2005!
Listed among "The 25 Greatest Drum Books Ever published"
-Modern Drummer Magazine-

PS.  You can also use any of this technology with friends and family
and save a bundle on your long distance bill plus you can see the
person you're talking too!!!!!!!!!

Rick Latham Publishing Company
RLP Records
P.O. Box 67309