[MPA] Upgrade time was Logic pricing

Barry Warsaw mac at wooz.org
Thu Oct 7 09:44:54 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 12:33, Jay Shaffer wrote:

> In my opinion, I would pit Cubase SX against Logic Pro feature for
> feature any day. And to me ( although I haven't done it yet) the Cubase
> upgrade path seems reasonable.

Agreed.  I've shelled out the upgrade from SX1 -> SX2 and from SX2 ->
SX3 (although the latter is back ordered currently).  I got every penny
of value out of the first and expect to get my money's worth out of the
second, so I have no complaints.  Aside from that, I've been very happy
with the Cubase workflow, let alone the features.  When I tried Logic a
few years ago, I couldn't say the same thing, though I'm sure that
product has come a long way since then.  OTOH, competition is good for
both of them.

-Barry