[MV] Gibberish issues ...

Chuck Rogers theChuck at mac.com
Tue Dec 10 13:11:39 PST 2002

Dave (and everyone else):

You wouldn't be filling up RAM because the speech engine translates
sounds to text, then spits it out. What the engine would do is attempt
to make the closest match it could to what it thinks it is hearing and
output the result to the speakpad or active application. If, for some
reason, the active application was not excepting text, the output would
just trail off - or it could have an unexpected result (such as
selecting files and folders in the Finder).

That having been said, there is always the possibility of either
program crashing for programmatical reasons, but I wouldn't worry about
forgetting to turn off the mic, other than the effect it might have on
an open document.

Best Regards,

Chuck Rogers