[MV] Re: can anyone help me?

Donald MacCormick donald.maccormick at macspeech.com
Thu Dec 26 16:36:49 PST 2002

On 12/26/02 18:23, "T. Patrick Henebry" <tphenebry at comcast.net> wrote:

>> You can train a profile for iListen using an Olympus Digital Recorder, you
>> just have to create a profile where you use the Recorder itself as a
>> Microphone. The Olympus docs have the information on how to do that. If you
>> create a profile specifically for your Olympus Recorder, you will do better
>> than 77%
>
> Since there was no mention or indications in the iListen docs I was
> unaware of this.  (I don't have the Olympus recorder.)  I can only
> surmise that there were no such instructions with the Olympus
> recorder at the time the review was written or the reviewer would not
> have said their was no way to train.

The info in the Olympus Documentation looks to be for connecting the device
as a Microphone to a PC not a Mac - but the same process should work just
fine for both platforms.

If I remember correctly someone on the list had also created a profile using
the Recorder as a microphone and had seen improvement in recognition rates
while transcribing.

I'm in the process of writing a Technote for using Digital Recorders with
iListen, I'll post link for that once I get it posted online.

Regards,

Donald