[MV] Microphones for the Macintosh

Michael Gherrity mike at gherrity.org
Sun Nov 24 16:05:15 PST 2002

Martin,

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 09:31  AM, Martin Markoe wrote:

> I have never heard of a Verse 704 USB microphone. A search of the
> Internet
> did not find this term as well.

At the Apple Store

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/32/wo/
bU7dvGpyfkJV3lrBZbF2qh1BlmX/1.3.0.3.27.8.3.13.13.0

the Manufacturer

http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm?page=gear/
listing&crid=8&crid2=10&countryid=1001&languageid=1

> We supply several of these microphones that should meet your needs.
> Please
> check out our selection of desktop mounted microphones at:
> http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/product_detail.asp?subcatID=3
> The two Sennheiser's will yield the highest accuracy and greatest noise
> cancellation when used a close distances. The ME65/K-6 can be used at
> distances up to 20 inches as long as the background noise is very
> minimal.
> The trick in this case is to redo the audio setup whenever you
> significantly
> changed distances or if the noise level significantly changes. If you
> can
> wheel up to the microphone consider the Shure VR 116 L or the
> Sennheiser
> MD431II both of which mount nicely on our ProBoom. The Buddy Gooseneck
> microphones are good if used in up to moderate noise environments as
> long as
> you speak closely. I have not tested the Acoustic Magic Voice Tracker
> Array
> on a Macintosh because of unresolved compatibility issues.

Thanks!  I'll take a look.

	mike

--
Michael Gherrity