[MV] VoiceCenter - voice model update problem

John G justaguy3333 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 10:21:50 PST 2002

Like you, I just had the same problem, twice, and restored from
backup to see if that fixes it. Unlike you, I haven't yet dictated
enough to cause it to update again. I'm hoping that restoring my
pre-Jaguar backup fixes the problem.

When you restore from backup, or even if you don't, you must discard
the temp folder in the ViaVoice folder, as this is where all the
dictation is stored until it's enough to warrant updating the model.
I had that get corrupted one time and caused a similar problem.

However, if you're using Jaguar, the speech you dictate is distorted
by pops every 10th of a second (see earlier posts), and so you
probably don't want that crud used to update your model. Apple's
working on a fix, so when that comes out, you WILL want to start
updating.  And so we need to determine before then if the updating is
broken due to something that Apple has control over. IBM is
apparently no longer supporting their product (under Jaguar).

--John