[MV] Re: VV and 10.2.2

John Melby jbmelby at ameritech.net
Tue Nov 26 15:39:21 PST 2002

On Tuesday, November 26, 2002, at 05:12  PM, Domains4Days.com wrote:

>  As you can read from the various threads on this list -  there are
> still a
> bunch of problems using ViaVoice  - even in 10.2.2. ( it's possible
> that the
> inability to  update your voice model might be specific to 10.2.2 -  I
> believe I remember successfully doing this in 10.2.1 ...?) Personally,
> I did
> not experience too much that was worse than previous OS's  beyond what
> was
> already discussed here.
>
> * Basically - with all the flaws -  I'm still  happier using the
> ViaVoice (
> with 10.2.2 ) -  More than any of the other speech recognition
> programs. ( I
> sure hope they can come up to speed soon and give a competitive edge to
> voice-recognition on the Mac...  I'm still waiting...)

I agree--but it certainly would be considerate of IBM to let us know
what, if anything, is to be done with ViaVoice, or if it will simply be
allowed to die.

FYI--I thought that list members might be interested in this reply from
IBM ViaVoice Tech Support to a recent e-mail from me to them about the
correction window bug, since the statement that "[w]e are currently
working on the matter and would expect to be able to report back to you
in the very near future" seems to imply--or at least that's how I
interpret it--that a ViaVoice 3.x update may appear soon.

Begin forwarded message:

John Melby
Emeritus Professor of Music

jbmelby at johnmelby.com