[MV] VV and 10.2.2

William Robinson willrob at chorus.net
Wed Nov 27 08:24:20 PST 2002

>I agree--but it certainly would be considerate of IBM to let us know=20
>what, if anything, is to be done with ViaVoice, or if it will simply be=20
>allowed to die.

I've noticed IB M now as a stripped down version called "ViaVoice
Simply Dictation For Mac OSX." It's in the $50 price range, and while
it probably suffers from the same problem as its bigger brother, it's
a sign (maybe) that IBM is pursuing the OSX market seriously.
Considering that there are over 40,000,000 Macs currently in use, but
only about 800,000 copies of OSX sold (no telling how many are in
use), the market is not as large as IBM would like. I doubt if there
will be any improvements to the OS9.x.x version of Via Voice, and
until apple fixes Jaguars' sound issues, any improvements of the OSX
version will be moot.

William